Aside from Christmas, Easter Sunday and Thanksgiving, Halloween is also one of the most celebrated holidays around the world. Many people are preparing for this event since children will do some trick or treat while adults enjoy a good Halloween party. In some cases, malls are doing some gimmicks to attract children and one is having a trick or treat program. That is why, avid Halloween fans prepare for parties and Halloween costumes.
For many people, choosing a Halloween costume is an important part of the whole Halloween experience. Many prepare for this even a month before Halloween to avoid rush purchases. Preparing early will make them outstanding among the others. Others however are contented with what they see on the market or in their closet. Regardless of the preparations, is the person really wearing the right Halloween costume for him or her?
Tips in Choosing a Halloween Costume
- Before buying an outfit, comfort should be the number one priority. Either doing the trick or treat or simply attending parties, the person should be comfortable with the Halloween costume. It should also match with the weather. Wearing a very thin piece of clothing on a cold night will not only cause the person to be uncomfortable, eventually getting sick.
- The costume should also fit into the theme of the party. If the prevalent theme is futuristic or Lady Gaga inspired, wearing a cowboy costume won’t surely fit in. If the party is an all gown-up crowd or if there are children involved, wearing skimpy outfit is not a good choice. However, it is advised to choose a costume that responds or is associated with current events because it can be a good topic. The downside though is that some people might think the Halloween costume is poorly planned.
- Safety should be thought of. As much as possible the outfit should not include lights and sharp objects because it can hurt many people especially the kids and the one who wears the outfit as well. When intricate head accessories are used, the vision should not be impaired because it can cause accidents.
- A special tip for buying or choosing kid’s costume is that it is very important to consider the preferences of the kids. Parents should not insist what they want. After all, it is the child who will wear the costume and not the parent. So if the child wants to wear Spiderman costume or wants to be Dora, let them be.
- Ultimately, budget should be given attention when buying Halloween costumes. These costumes can be made by hand especially if the theme or design is one-of-a-kind or if there is enough time. There are a number of costumes that are not expensive yet it looks elegant and it stands out at the crowd. Thrift shops are also available everywhere and they sell really cheap items. Using old clothes from the closet can still be worn and adding some accessories or putting a twist on it can be fun.
If you run out of ideas, there is nothing to worry. There are magazines, internet, and other media outfits that can help you achieve that outstanding Halloween costume.