Hardwood floors look great in homes. But cleaning and maintenance of these floors is quite tiresome but unavoidable. Vacuum cleaners are nowadays used invariably in every home. Many Vacuum cleaners available in the market are not suitable for hardwood floors as they damage it. Vacuum cleaners were initially designed for cleaning carpets. A broom and a mop are considered best for cleaning hardwood floors. But it consumes time and energy. To solve this problem, many companies have come forward to launch vacuum cleaners that are well suited for hardwood floors.
Vacuum cleaners are used in households, malls, industries and hospitals these days. Separate vacuum cleaners are available in the market for this purpose. One can choose the best one depending on his needs. Some of the best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors are
- Canister vacuum Cleaners – Canister Vacuum cleaners have a sucking head which is connected to the engine and the filter with a long head like structure. The device can be pulled along the length of the floor for doing work. These vacuum cleaners are designed to have enough suction power for sucking even minute dust particles. The head of a canister also comes with a range of interchangeable heads and you can choose the right one according to the floor type.
- Stick Vacuum cleaners – A stick vacuum cleaner is best suited for small homes. It is thin and does not have a huge suction power which can damage hardwood floors. They can be powered using batteries or power cords as per your convenience
- Upright Vacuum cleaners – Upright vacuum cleaners are tall and can stand on their own when not in use. They have a strong suction power, innovative filtration techniques and a nose with multiple attachments which can make it easier to clean hardwood floors
- Handheld vacuum cleaners – These are portable and can be easily carried along. These are powered by batteries only and they do not have a strong suction power. This property makes it the preferred choice for hardwood floors in houses.
- Cordless vacuum cleaners – Cordless vacuum cleaners are the best choice for cleaning smaller spaces. They are light weight and easily maneuverable. They are easy to carry and come with multiple attachments which can be used to clean hardwood floors, window sills, walls etc.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners – Robotic vacuum cleaners are new in the market but are very much effective in cleaning hardwood floors. They are found to do a wonderful job of picking up fine hairs, dust particles and are ideal for hardwood and laminated floors.